Comprehensive compliance and business support for just 2.5% +VAT of your annual turnover
The SimplyBiz Core Service package is designed to support you as a directly authorised financial adviser in every aspect of your practice from attracting clients to assisting you with compliance, as well as providing you with the tools and support you need to be successful.
This comprehensive package is available to any firm offering financial advice, whether you're already directly authorised by the regulator or looking to seek direct authorisation, the core service package has an extensive range of benefits all available to you for just 2.5% + VAT of your annual turnover*, which is guaranteed for the lifetime of your membership.
- Step by step guidance throughout the FCA's direct authorisation process
- One Compliance Visit in your first year of Membership
- Unlimited access to the Compliance Helpdesk
- Online Compliance Library
- Two discounted file checks per month
- Unlimited access to the Pensions Helpdesk
- Online Pensions
- Complimentary risk profiling & financial planning tools provided by Distribution Technology (Worth up to £85 per month)
- Complimentary RSM Funds Research Tool
- Complimentary Synaptic Research Licence
(Worth £90 per month)
- Company website (Small admin & hosting fee applies)
- Discounted Intelliflo Licence – your complete front and back office work flow system
- Exclusive Product – Accounting Solutions, complete your GABRIEL report with this easy to use bookkeeping system
- Client Newsletters
- Discounts on a range of deals, including:
Trigold Crystal Licence
All New Mortgage Brain
Aifa Annual Membership
GEE Pensions Factbook
- Dedicated RDR Programme
- SimplyBiz Mortgage Club
- Free to attend Member Meetings – 29 venues across the country
- Weekly Newsletter summarising key industry updates
- Enhanced terms from leading insurers
- Free to attend
- Free to attend
- Free to attend
- Access to: (charges apply)
Stationery Design Service
Business Consultancy Visit
Take control with SimplyBiz by your side
Taking the decision to become directly authorised will offer you many benefits including direct payments and streamlined regulatory costs but, best of all, more control and say in how you run your business - after all you are your own boss.
At SimplyBiz we understand going direct can seem overwhelming, that's why we've worked with our Members to develop a formula that gives you complete control of your business as a directly authorised firm, whilst receiving the compliance and business support of a professional and personal organisation, supporting you in every aspect of your business. As a consultancy business we don't interfere in the way you run your practice, we ensure you have access to all the advice, tools and resources you need to be compliant and successful.
Our specialist applications team will assist you throughout the route to direct authorisation, and help you avoid the common pitfalls, complete your application to the highest standard and you can use our online tracker to keep up to date on progress. SimplyBiz have helped over 1,000 firms become directly authorised - so you know we're talking from experience.
To find out if direct authorisation is suitable for you contact one of our experienced team for an informal chat on 01484 439128 or click here for your free guide to becoming directly authorised.
SimplyBiz is committed to providing financial advisers with everything they need to maintain and develop a successful business practice that is fully compliant and profitable.
In response to the Retail Distribution Review, we launched Vision - an extensive end to end advice process which encompasses all aspects of the client advice journey, the various regulatory requirements and access to the very best tools and technology to give your business offering the edge.
Vision has been designed to meet the needs of all directly authorised firms, whether choosing to operate independent or restricted models. You can chose to select a mapped out route, which provides the tools you need at every stage, or you can select the Compliance Framework option that lets you select the documentation you need at the times you feel is right for your particular business model..
In addition to this, members are also supported through the new CPD requirements with countrywide member Leaning and Development Events that provide extensive CPD hours and support for other areas of development with free access to our CPD Portal, provided via Competent Adviser
Our commitment to our members is that they can be assured of our full support whichever model is chosen
New Model Business Academy (NMBA)
This not for profit company is dedicated to providing training and development to everyone in, or wanting to join, the financial services profession. The NMBA is free to join and will assist you and your staff in gaining professional qualifications. The sharing of ideas through networking with your peers and identifying best practice that you can implement in your business as well as succession planning when it comes to the time when you feel you're ready to move on.
To learn more about the NMBA click here
Success Through Action
This comprehensive initiative focuses on how to achieve the best for both your business and your own personal development, delivered through a series of events and supported by detailed fact sheets and action plans. SimplyBiz is committed to delivering everything advisers need to operate compliantly and successfully in a post RDR world. The Success Through Action programme aims to practically help advisers with real challenges such as wider investment research, VAT, charging models and client agreements, an invaluable resource in helping you build a better business pre and post RDR.
To learn more about Success Through Action click here
There's no danger of cutting corners with our compliance support
As a financial adviser ensuring you comply with regulatory requirements is an integral part of your business. And ensuring you're meeting all the requirements isn't something any adviser firm can afford to get wrong. With our Core package you'll receive:
- One compliance visit in your first year of Membership - our experienced field team will assist you in ensuring your processes and files are meeting the correct criteria. After each visit you'll receive a detailed report outlining any key areas for your attention.
- Access to the Compliance Helpdesk - our knowledgeable and experienced team are only ever a phone call away, find the answers you need as and when compliance queries arise.
- Access to the specialist Pensions Helpdesk - with the ever changing rules and guidelines around pensions and tax benefits, SimplyBiz have a specialist technical helpdesk, designed to help you address this key area for your clients. The Pensions team are G60 qualified and have all previously worked in practices like yours, so you can be confident you're getting the very best advice.
- Two discounted file checks per month - gain added peace of mind that your processes for delivering advice and determining the best solutions for your clients follows the parameters set out by the regulator. Our experienced team will make recommendations allowing you to incorporate any improvements in future.
- Treating Customers Fairly - TCF will be imbedded into your practice firmly but as stipulated by the regulator there's always room for development, the SimplyBiz TCF toolkit is a constructive resource in ensuring you're always putting your clients first.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - SimplyBiz can save you significant time by organising PI Insurance on your behalf. We have a number of good contacts who can offer you competitive rates on premiums as well as low excess levels and discounts. Not only will you save time completing lengthy forms, we can also arrange a monthly payment facility without additional charge to help you manage your cash flow.
- Online Compliance Library - from fact find templates and suitability letters to advice on helping you recruit new staff, this comprehensive resource area includes an extensive range of documentation and guidelines which you can access as and when you require. Here you can reference important updates as well as accessing concise summaries of the key requirements you need be aware of for each element of your practice.
Cutting edge adviser tools ready and waiting for you
As a financial adviser having access to a range of cutting edge tools will help your practice in a range of key areas. From assisting you in identifying your client's requirements to the tools you need to conduct research and deliver advice, as well as helping you increase business efficiency - the SimplyBiz core package has it covered. With your SimplyBiz Membership, you'll automatically be granted access to a wide range of tools that our Members have already tried and tested, saving you time going through all the market options as well as significant cost savings - as many tools are included at no extra cost with your Membership.
- Complimentary Risk profiling tool - FREE to SimplyBiz Members (save up to £85 per month). With the regulator placing more emphasis on the importance of assessing your client's ability and willingness to take risk, this free tool provided to SimplyBiz Member Firms, has been developed by Distribution Technology and meets all the criteria outlined by the regulator. This is a vital tool for anyone involved in delivering investment advice.
- Complimentary Synaptic Licence - FREE to SimplyBiz Members (save £90 per month). The Synaptic suite of research tools powered by Capita, are an excellent set of tools designed to assist you in the search and selection of products.
- Complimentary Rayner Spencer Mills Funds Research Tool - this independent research tool is an excellent resource in helping you to evaluate the most appropriate funds for your client's investments.
- Company website - attracting clients is a vital part of your business, that's why SimplyBiz provide you with a cost effective personalised website, allowing you to showcase your services and promote your practice online (small admin and hosting fee applies).
- Exclusive accounting software tool - Accounting Solutions is a bespoke bookkeeping system only available to SimplyBiz Member Firms. Designed with GABRIEL reporting in mind, the system could potentially save you and your staff, hours of work every time you need to submit your report.
- Discounted Intelliflo Licence - with SimplyBiz you'll benefit from significant discounts on Intelligent Office's client management and workflow system. This web based, front and back-office technology solution, which delivers significant time and cost-saving efficiencies, will seamlessly fit into your existing business processes.
- Verbatim - The Compliant Investment Process - this robust and repeatable end to end investment process is available to SimplyBiz Member Firms at no extra charge. It incorporates Distribution Technology's risk profiling tool as well as assisting you in determining your client's ideal asset allocation and identifying suitable funds. With complete transparency of underlying investments and clear fund descriptions, you can be confident that Verbatim really is a robust end to end investment process.
- Client Newsletters - attracting new clients as well as retaining your existing client base is integral to your success. SimplyBiz can provide you with regular newsletters, pre designed and compliance checked, simply upload your company logo and you can access a range of newsletters to send out by post or email.
- Selectapension - SimplyBiz offer Member Firms up to 45% discount on this suite of on-line Transfer Analysis, Retirement Planning, Lifetime Limit calculation and Income Drawdown tools for IFAs.
- Legal Advice - Simply Legal and Associates is a valuable initiative that will not only enhance the service you provide to clients but will also present you with a new revenue stream. This specialist venture run in conjunction with APS Legal & Associates Ltd aids SimplyBiz Member Firms in providing clients with estate planning advice and will writing.
- Marketing Materials - your one stop shop for brochures, flyers, posters, and much more. With SimplyBiz you can design, personalise and print a wide range of professional looking marketing materials.
Supporting you throughout every step of your business
Supporting you in every aspect of your business is something we're extremely passionate about and there's great value from learning from one another as well as developing ideas together. The SimplyBiz community is designed to encourage us all to share our ideas and knowledge as well as help you with your personal development. SimplyBiz staff are always just a phone call away and we're keen to ensure we're not just your compliance and business support provider but an extension of your business.
- Your complete RDR Programme - delivered by the New Model Business Academy (NMBA), 'Success Through Action' is a comprehensive initiative focusing on how to achieve the best for both your business and your own personal development. SimplyBiz is committed to delivering everything advisers need to operate compliantly and successfully in a pre and post RDR world. Click here to learn more.
- SimplyBiz Mortgages & General Insurance - supporting over 2,700 mortgage intermediaries, the Mortgage Club includes attractive commercial terms and remuneration as well as discounts on TrigoldCrystal and All New Mortgage Brain - everything you need to research and place mortgage business. In addition there's a whole range of ancillary products designed to ensure you can offer your clients a complete service. Click here to learn more.
- Free to attend events - as a Member you'll have the opportunity to attend an extensive range of local events. Specialising in a range of subject areas including, investment forums, mortgage meetings and pensions workshops, take the opportunity to network with other Members, share thoughts on best practice and come away with some new ideas to implement in your business, as well as gaining CPD points, making the events an invaluable use of your time.
- Weekly e-newsletter - for advisers like you, there is much to keep up to date on, from vital changes in regulatory requirements to new industry developments we know you could benefit from. As a busy adviser, we'll make it as simple as possible for you to access this information. SimplyBiz will provide you with a succinct weekly summary of the key items you need to be aware of, accessed online you can be confident you have up to the minute information that keeps you in the know.
- Learning & Development Centre - SimplyBiz is committed to helping you be compliant and successful in an ever-changing regulatory and commercial landscape. This online resource will help you keep up to speed with technical and regulatory content. Here you can sit a variety of examinations, access online resources such as presentations and reading materials. As well as receiving feedback on your exam performance by email.
*The core service package has an upper and lower fee limit (cap and collar) a cap of £593.28 +VAT per month applies, and a collar rate of £149.50 +VAT per month applies. The cap and collar will increase annually on 1st January by inflation or 5%, whichever is higher.