Your compliant risk profiling tool
With the publication of the FCA’s ‘Assessing Suitability’ Paper in March 2011, this important paper spelt out the growing concerns the FCA has regarding client risk assessment, the suitability processes adopted by advisers and the identification of a client’s capacity for loss. With much to address in ensuring you understand your client’s attitude to risk, SimplyBiz is pleased to offer all Member Firms a free tool, included in your Membership that meets the criteria stipulated by the FCA.
Powered by Distribution Technology ‘Dynamic Planner’ offers a client-centric method of assessing risk. Dynamic Planner allows you to:
- Profile clients accurately, through a multi-stage approach that will enable you to make appropriate recommendations, improve the quality of your service offering and reduce the risk of future complaints.
- Conduct a more scientific way of assessing a client’s propensity to investment risk. The system has more accurate categories of attitude to risk than the commonly used, traditional labels of ‘Cautious’, ‘Balanced’ and ‘Adventurous’. The outcome is based on psychometric questioning, and along with your own sense check of the clients understanding, produces an independent and accurate profile of the investor.
- Provide clients with a view to the likely impact of their decision through the production of expected gains and losses.
- Provide a record to be saved and printed for your client’s file.
- Ensures flexibility so your client’s feedback and personal circumstances can be incorporated in determining their risk profile.
Using this process helps you and any other advisers within your firm to quickly establish a client’s attitude to risk and align an asset allocation model that matches that risk rating within seconds. Not only does it offer ‘baked-in’ compliance as part of the process, but there are no additional charges to you. Fully independent and impartial risk assessment software usually costs around £150-£300 per month per licence. We are offering you access free of charge.
To learn more about this and the range of other complementary tools that SimplyBiz provides its Member Firms call 01484 439128 or email email@example.com