The Future of Advice 2: Live Web Conference with Steve Webb
Last year heralded a great deal of change for the financial services sector; not only was 2015 the heaviest period of regulatory reform and consultation in many years, but we also began to see the impact and scale of pension freedom in reality.
2016 looked set to be another year of substantial change with the Financial Advice Market Review anticipated by some to bring change on a wider scale than the implementation of the RDR had back in 2012. Whilst FAMR’s Final Review, delivered shortly before the Budget in March, caused very little immediate change, it did generate no fewer than 28 recommendations for further consultation.
These consultations will take place up until the end of 2017 on a range of areas, and the results will affect everyone working in financial services to some degree.
In these turbulent times, the SimplyBiz Group will be joined by the leading figures in the industry to deliver its ‘The Future Of Advice’ series of web-conferences. Covering a wide spectrum of timely and relevant issues, these live, online events will get to the heart of what really matters to advisers and give you plenty of food for thought.
Part II: The Future of Retirement Advice featuring Steve Webb, former Pensions Minister
On Monday 27 June at 11.30am, our Future of Advice web conference will focus on the retirement market and will feature a number of industry luminaries including:
• Steve Webb, Director of Policy, Royal London
• Andrew Tully, Pensions Technical Director, Retirement Advantage
• David Cooper, Group Marketing & Distribution Director, Just Retirement Group Plc
The panel will discuss the current advice market for retirement planning and will look at:
• New products, including Lifetime ISAs and hybrid products
• Impact of pension freedom; one year on, is it benefitting consumers?
• Is advice in the workplace the next great opportunity for pensions?
• What challenges and opportunities does the market face in the coming months and years?